Exhibitions and Films
Interesting art that makes us question and challenge our understanding of the world and our place in it isn’t the sole preserve of artists working in the commercial gallery system. To show you just what we mean, we’re delighted to present a number of diverse exhibitions in a range of venues across the village. More events will be confirmed nearer the event.
- Jo Booth - Photographs
- Jo Booths latest series of work features photographs taken locally and then overlaid with images derived from historic maps of the area. The multi-layered collage effect and the combination of old and new imagery evoke memories of the past and make us consider how local landscapes change and develop over time.
More on Jo Booth - Photographs
- Alice Fox - Gifts from the Pavement
- Local artist Alice Fox brings her own unique view of the village to Saltaire Arts Trail for 2013. Keep your eyes cast down at the floor, you never know what you might find.
More on Alice Fox - Gifts from the Pavement
- Christopher Mollon - 'The Arc of Orange'
- Another first for Saltaire Arts Trail, with performance artist Christopher Mollon taking us through an experimental piece based on thoughts and objects gathered from the shorelines of the UK.
More on Christopher Mollon - 'The Arc of Orange'
- Yvonne Carmichael, Chore-orgraphy
- Adding to this years selection of challenging performance at Saltaire Arts Trail is Yvonne Carmichael who will be based at 44 Whitlam Street.
More on Yvonne Carmichael, Chore-orgraphy